Neuroscientific Bulletin

Apparently, I also treat with respect and attention the author of this book, this direction. Although I myself go on a different path.

I gave a rapid look at the book but I cannot believe there is so much shift toward heterosexual attra tion during adult age... is the author so reliable?
I believe in kirill theory about neuroplasticy of the brain (why is this not considered in paraphilias and homosexuality?).
Do you know some people that is became more heterosexual with some psychoterapy? I don t know anyone...

Do you know some people that is became more heterosexual with some psychoterapy? I don t know anyone...

I agree! I'm gay and I know that no one has become heterosexual as a result of psychotherapy, although even in modern history there have been many attempts to "convert" gays.

I do not trust the authors affiliated with NARTH.

Sorry for the errors, I translate Google Translator.

You could check references in the book. I checked his claims, in general they are right, but he was not very exact, but it is popular science book, not strictly scientific, so some exaggeration could be tolerated, but readers should remain critical. Whitehead also mentioned neuroplasticity, but he didn’t elaborate this topic discussing mechanism of neuroplasticiy. In fact he made only few references on the literature about this topic quoting Norman Doidge’s book “The brain that changes itself”. Norman in chapter about sexuality described sadomasochism in details and made very interesting theoretical conjectures about the etiology of this condition: fusion of different brain systems.

Последнее редактирование:

Новые комментарии

LGBT*

В связи с решением Верховного суда Российской Федерации (далее РФ) от 30 ноября 2023 года), движение ЛГБТ* признано экстремистским и запрещена его деятельность на территории РФ. Данное решение суда подлежит немедленному исполнению, исходя из чего на форуме будут приняты следующие меры - аббривеатура ЛГБТ* должна и будет применяться только со звездочкой (она означает иноагента или связанное с экстремизмом движение, которое запрещено в РФ), все ради того чтобы посетители и пользователи этого форума могли ознакомиться с данным запретом. Символика, картинки и атрибутика что связана с ныне запрещенным движением ЛГБТ* запрещены на этом форуме - исходя из решения Верховного суда, о котором было написано ранее - этот пункт внесен как экстренное дополнение к правилам форума части 4 параграфа 12 в настоящее время.

Назад
Сверху